Adult Bible Studies
- Community Bible Study (CBS) - Join women from all backgrounds and levels of Bible knowledge. They meet on Wednesday mornings from 9:30 - 11:30am in the Chapel. Their current study is 'Red Sea to the Jordan River'. A children's program is available. For more details, go to Orlando.CBSclass.org.
- Monday Afternoon Bible Study - Monday afternoons, at 1:00pm, join us in the Christian Life Center for a time of Bible study with Lillian Balmer. This study welcomes both men and women of all ages. Everyone is invited to come and learn about the great prayers in the Bible.
- Men’s Sunday Bible Study - This casual group studies the Bible on Sunday afternoons at 6:30pm in Room 32 of the Christian Life Center. Feel free to invite other men and join us!
- Men’s Study/ Prayer Breakfast – This "gathering" takes place every Thursday morning at Bob Evans on 436 in Fern Park. Join us at 6:30am for a time of fellowship, study and prayer. You don’t need a reservation – just show up!
Adult Sunday School Classes
The following classes meet on Sunday mornings, 9:15-10:15am.
- Christian Neighbors - Led by Pat Long (Room 19) is a class for all ages, married or single. The mission of this class is to share the good news of Jesus Christ by loving our neighbors and growing in the faith and knowledge of our Lord and Savior. They are currently studying "Holy Spirit" by Jim Cymbala.
- Lillian Balmer Class - Led by Lillian Balmer (Room 17)
(Ages 60+) "Young at heart" seniors. This class's curriculum is Cokesbury's Adult Bible Studies. Sharing and caring for one another in fellowship, discussion and prayer is the purpose of this wonderful class.
- Inquiry Class meets periodically throughout the year. This class is designed for those who wish to learn more about the United Methodist church and/or for those preparing to join our congregation. Call the church office (407-831-3777) to find out when the next class is.
- Living in Christ – Led by Daniel Estry (Room 14) We encourage all adults to join - men, women, married or single! The focus of this class is the Christian walk with discussion and Bible study. The current study is on the book of Deuteronomy. Please feel welcome to join us!
- Lydia’s Heart - Led by Carol Smith (Room 16)
This class if for women of all ages! This class focuses on the needs of women who attend church alone; however, all women are welcome to join as the class fellowships together enjoying topical studies and lively discussions! At this time, the class is studying "Really Bad Girls of the Bible" by Liz Curtis Higgs.
- Open Arms – Led by various members (Christian Life Center Conference Room) This class is made up of men and women of all ages. The general focus of this class is on discussion type lessons. Currently the studies are taken from "His Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers. Come be a part of this lively group!
- Pioneers - Led by Dave Morris (Room 15) is geared to adults 50+ in age. This is a very active class with regular social activities. The class' curriculum is based on studies provided by Cokesbury Publishing.
- Discoverers - Led by John and Vanessa Bailes (Room 20) This class invites you to become a Discoverer and go on a journey to uncover the reality of the Bible and how it relates to our young families and our world today.