Groups & Ministries
Community groups are the perfect place to get plugged into CUMC! These groups meet in homes on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. There is time for fellowship, a short study and a time to pray together and share. There are groups for women, men, parents, and ones that are open to men and women of all ages. Consider becoming a part of one which in convenient for you. Call the church office at 407-831-3777 for more information as to when and where these groups meet.
The primary focus of the Women’s Ministry is on missions ~ fundraising for missions and supporting church missionaries in their quests to work throughout the world. Sponsored events for missions include the annual antique appraisal and delicious dinners. The women also collect items for Heart to Heart, a community care home in Casselberry that provides transitional housing for homeless/abused women and children. The Women’s Ministry hosts a spring retreat each year. In addition, this group sponsors the annual Christmas Tea and the Mother's Day Luncheon.
- "Women in Stitches" - meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays (morning or evening option; morning starting at 9am and evening starting at 6pm) and hand makes items for many different ministries within and outside of the church. These women produce prayer shawls, baby blankets, prayer pockets, chemo hats and other items.
- Propel - Women of all ages are invited to come and grow in our Purpose, Passion and Potential in Christ together. Propel meets twice a month, every other Thursday at 6:30pm. Their next meeting is November 30. For more information, visit www.PropelWomenCUMC.com
- Community Moms - Let's do life together! If you are a mom waiting to welcome your first child home, or you are many years into raising children, Community Moms wold love to welcome you into our village of women! Community Moms meet the first and third Tuesday of every month during the school year from 9:00 - 10:30am and 6 - 7:30pm in Room 18A. Choose between the morning or the evening session - whichever fits best into your schedule. Their next meeting is Tuesday, November 21. For more information, contact Rebecca at email@example.com.
- Men’s Fundraising Group – This group has a wonderful time together, raising money for worthy causes. Their chief focus is contributing to the Life Skills Jail Ministry. Some of the annual fundraisers consist of roasted turkey sales at Thanksgiving, golf tournaments, as well as hosting CUMC Deli sandwiches before special programs.
- Hope Circle - meets in the Library on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 1:00pm. Check the Events Page for more details.
- Bicycle Riders - Join others from the CUMC family for casual bike rides. This group consists of all skill levels. No rider is left behind! The next ride is on Saturday, November 11. They will meet at 10am at Big Tree Park in Longwood to ride the Cross Seminole Trail. For more information, call John Morse at 407-462-2109.
Golden Years Ministry
Golden Years is a senior adult program reaching our community for Christ through luncheon programs, monthly trips, Bible studies and other events.
- Golden Years Christian Education Classes
If you are not presently attending a Sunday school class, try the Pioneers class (Room 15) or the Lillian Balmer class (Room 17) - you are always welcome!
- Singing Seniors
The place to be is with the Singing Seniors! This group meets on Thursday afternoons at 1:00pm, in the Choir Room. These lively singers are led by Donna Lou Evert and extend their ministry into the community.
- Golden Years Luncheon and Program
Mark your calendar, because our luncheons are every third Wednesday of the month at 11:30am. Come join us for wonderful meals (for $7.00) and fun/interesting programs. Please call the church office, 407-831-3777 to make reservations.
- Skip Trips
Join this group of people who like to have fun and learn something along the way. Check the Events Page to see details about our next outing. Please make reservations by calling 407-831-3777.
- Bible Study
Lillian Balmer leads a Monday afternoon Bible study at 1:00 in the Christian Life Center. There is no homework and everyone is invited! This group studies straight from the Bible!
Heart Peace Counseling Center
Heart Peace Counseling Center, LLC is a team of licensed and pre-licensed counselors/therapists, professional life coaches, and pastoral counselors who love people and have a passion to help people find peace, purpose and joy in leading more fulfilling lives. The Heart Peace team reflects their love of Jesus through commitment to professional standards and in the compassionate care that they give.
We are pleased to have Jayna Race, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, here on-site part-time for counseling. Jayna offers specialized mental health counseling for children, individuals and families who seek help processing traumatic life events, relationship issues, significant changes within the family, childhood behavioral and emotional issues, and mood disregulation.
Jayna has a heart to eqiup parents and families to grow to their fullest potential, creating secure attachmens and working through behavioral concerns in a nurturing enviornment. Ultimately, a life lived in freedom from the past and hope for the future through the finished work of Christ is the message Jayna hopes to share with those she meets (Romans 5:1-11).
Community Reconciliation Ministry (CRM)
If you have a disagreement weighing on your heart, if you have reached an impasse, if you are unable to see the light at the end of the tunnel, CUMC would like to offer hope. A way to get to the heart of the matter and restore peace in a way that glorifies God in your life is available.
Our church is dedicated to forming a culture of peace. To that end, a group of members has committed to training as conflict coaches and mediators in the tradition of Peacemaker Ministries, helping individuals and groups resolve conflicts using biblically-based principles. This Community Reconciliation Team is available to assist those involved in conflict, to help settle differences in a way that glorifies God, and allows each party an opportunity to grow in Christian faith.
Whenever Christians are involved in conflict, they can turn with confidence to God's model for peace ~ the Holy Bible and the life of our Lord, Jesus Christ. The Community Reconciliation Team, through on-going training opportunities, stands ready to coach individuals/ groups to reach resolution that bring participants closer to God without the legalistic approach so often chosen by today's society. The Reconciliation Team is trained to facilitate and coach, not to counsel or give legal advise. Each and every situation is handled with the strictest confidentiality. CUMC believes conflicts of any size are opportunities to grow.
The Community Reconciliation Team may be contacted through the church office, Pastor Ted Wood, or any member of the team.